All members of the GEU in good standing* are afforded the following rights:
- The right to the full benefits of union membership, collective bargaining, and union support without regard for bias or fear of discrimination of any kind.
- The right to file grievances against the University for matters pertaining to their job and the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Weingarten rights which include the right to union advising and support during investigations and disciplinary matters
- The right to their full voice and opinions regarding the Collective Bargaining Agreement and GEU operations through voting and and involvement in union operations.
- The right to self-organize for collective, member-driven action.
- The right to serve on any GEU committee (besides removal due to continued absences and decisions made as a result of internal review).
- The right to appeal decisions made by the Executive Board or a committee according to the internal review process.
- The right to run for any officer position within GEU.
- The right to create petitions and referenda for the GEU membership and Constitution.
- The right to copies of this Constitution and Bylaws upon request of the Vice President of Operations.
*Members are in good standing if they have paid dues and have not lost good standing as result of an internal review.